Using minikube on a host with a VPN installed
minikube requires access from the host to the following IP ranges:
- 192.168.99.0/24: Used by the minikube VM. Configurable for some hypervisors via
- 192.168.39.0/24: Used by the minikube kvm2 driver.
- 10.96.0.0/12: Used by service cluster IP’s. Configurable via
Unfortunately, many VPN configurations route packets to these destinations through an encrypted tunnel, rather than allowing the packets to go to the minikube VM.
- If you have access, whitelist the above IP ranges in your VPN software
- In your VPN software, select an option similar to “Allow local (LAN) access when using VPN” (Cisco VPN example)
- You may have luck selecting alternate values to the
- Turn off the VPN
Last modified August 12, 2019: Point old documents to their new Hugo location (755995207)