The primary goal of minikube is to make it simple to run Kubernetes locally, for day-to-day development workflows and learning purposes. Here are the guiding principles for minikube, in rough priority order:
- Inclusive and community-driven
- Support all Kubernetes features
- High Performance
- Developer Focused
Here are some specific minikube features that align with our goal:
- Single command setup and teardown UX
- Support for local storage, networking, auto-scaling, load balancing, etc.
- Unified UX across operating systems
- Minimal dependencies on third party software
- Minimal resource overhead
- Simplifying Kubernetes production deployment experience
- Supporting all possible deployment configurations of Kubernetes like various types of storage, networking, etc.
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified November 14, 2020: Fix whitespace issues in the site content markdown (ebf37ad15)