This roadmap is a living document outlining the major technical improvements which we would like to see in minikube during 2022, divided by how they apply to our guiding principles
Please send a PR to suggest any improvements to it.
- Be able to start, stop, pause, and delete clusters via a GUI (prototype state)
- Application available for all supported platforms: Linux, macOS, Windows
- Consolidate Kubernetes documentation that references minikube
- Delete outdated documentation
- Add documentation for new features
(#3) ARM64 Support
- Add Linux VM support
- Add Mac M1 VM support (experimental, will improve by end of 2022)
- Remove the Docker Desktop requirement on Mac and Windows
- Continue supporting Docker as a container runtime (with CRI)
(#5) libmachine Refactor
- Add new driver (with QEMU) to replace HyperKit, primarily for Mac arm64 (experimental, will improve by end of 2022)
- Fix the provisioner, remove legacy Swarm, and add support for other runtimes
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.
Last modified August 8, 2022: status udpates (97212e18a)